If your microphone or camera won't work during your lesson, please complete the following steps.
Double-check that your camera and microphone are being recognised by Busuu by clicking on "Equipment Settings" on your Live Lessons Dashboard or the 'Equipment Settings' wheel icon in the top right corner of your Live Lessons classroom.
If your camera and/or microphone are not detected, move to step 2. If they are both detected, move to step 3.
Check that Chrome or Firefox is granted the access to your Camera and Mic in your computer settings (for MacOS older than 10.14 Mojave, skip to Step 3):
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on Settings or Configuration
- Click on Privacy
- Select Camera from the menu on the left and on the right under "Allow desktop apps access camera" toggle to Activate the access.
- Select Microphone from the menu on the left and on the right under "Allow desktop apps access camera" toggle to Activate the access.
- Restart Chrome to apply the changes.
For Mac Mojave and Mac Catalina (10.14 and newer)
- On your Mac, choose "Apple menu" > "System Preferences", click on "Security & Privacy", then click on "Privacy".
- Select Microphone and Camera.
- Select the checkbox next to your browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge) to allow it to access the microphone and the camera.
Be sure that you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser during your Busuu Live Lesson.
If you've followed Steps 1-3 and the problem persists, there are a few potential causes:
1. In your web browser, Busuu may not have permission to access your device camera or microphone. To be sure that Busuu has permission in Google Chrome, or is allowed to access your device camera and microphone check your web browser settings. You can access your Camera and Microphone settings by pasting these links to your Chrome address bar:
Make sure that Busuu Live is not blocked.
2. If your web browser settings are currently set to "Allow" Busuu, but the issue is still persisting there may be an issue with a recent update to your web browser or extensions. In this case, you can uninstall and reinstall your Google Chrome web browser on your device to reset your settings and extensions in your web browser.
3. If you experience this issue in both browsers, it can be your antivirus software or Firewall that blocks your video/audio on Busuu or it can also be your Browser extensions. Try disabling them and see if that helps.